Try this Pranayama technique for creating calm and balance in the body this Autumn Equinox.
Nadi is a Sanskrit word meaning “channel” or “flow” and shodhana means “purification.” This is a wonderful practice to try at the start of your day!
- Find a comfortable seat and close your eyes.
- Take a few rounds of breath through both nostrils
- Using your right hand we will take Vishnu Mudra – bring your index and middle finger to rest on the pad of your thumb. Then use your thumb to close the right nostril and your ring finger to close your left nostril.
- Begin by closing the right and inhaling through the left nostril. Then close the left and exhale through the right nostril.
- Keep breathing in this pattern for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Finish your round when you breath out through the left nostril.
Allow your breath to return to normal. As you do, notice your state of mind and how your body feels.