AN INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION BASICS
Taking place in the Heather Yoga Online Yoga Shala – each week this course offers:
- 6 x 60 minute Beginners Mind live interactive themed sessions via Zoom with a mix of meditation techniques and learning about the practice and the weekly focus.
- 6 x 30 minute group meditation class via Zoom from the regular timetable is included at Heather Yoga.
- Exclusive access to guided audio meditation downloads to practice & support you between weekly sessions and anytime, anywhere.
- Access to recordings of the Beginner’s Mind sessions to return to as often as you’d like throughout the course and available to attendees for 6 months after completion.
- Email overview of the interactive sessions including some additional resources and suggested reading for further study.
During each 60 minutes interactive session we will cover:
- How to set up comfortably for meditation (sitting on the floor, using props, resting in a chair, laying down on the back).
- Why meditation is important and how to develop a consistent, sustainable and effective practice
- Learn & practice the basics of various meditation concepts & techniques.
- Meditation with clear and easy to understand guidance & instructions.
- Overcoming Difficulties + How & When To Practice.
- Group discussion, self reflection exercises & journaling prompts about the weekly meditation techniques & your experiences.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Received the gifts that a consistent meditation routine offers: including reduced stress, relieving anxiety, better focus, improved sleep, calmer clearer outlook on life
- Gained knowledge, understanding and experience of accessible effective basic meditations.
- Explored a variety of techniques and identified the types you like and resonate with to support you with maintaining a regular practice
- Laid a foundation to feel comfortable and confident to attend and sit for meditation in dedicated group sessions/ as part of yoga classes/ at home.
- Developed more awareness of yourself and feel better equipped to navigate daily life situations.
- Enjoyed a valuable inspiring learning experience for your self development, mental wellbeing and self care.
- Engaged & connected with other participants on the program to be stay motivated and feel supported within the program’s community.
Meditation is an innate part of the yoga practice and available & accessible to EVERYONE. You don’t have to be practicing yoga poses to reap the benefits of this profound and time-tested practice. If you are curious to start a meditation practice or develop a existing practice, whether you seek enhanced creativity, a respite from stress and anxiety, emotional and physical healing, or self awareness – this course will provide a brilliant starting point and opportunity under Heather’s caring guidance.
What are students are saying…
“Although I meditate alone I do really enjoy joining the group meditations. I find the online environment really effective. Heather holds the space and gives clear instruction and it feels good to be connected to others in the class.
I really recommend joining the beginners course. Meditation is not mysterious, you don’t have to go and sit in a cave for years. You can sit in your special place in your home and benefit from Heather’s experience and skill in this highly accessible course. I couldn’t recommend it more highly.”
‘As someone who has ummed and ahhed about meditation for a long while now, Heather’s course was a great introduction to meditation covering lots of different meditation techniques with helpful tips and content to access. As Heather included a variety of meditations, you can work out what suits you when you do decide to take your meditation seat that day. Really enjoyed it.’
I loved the meditation course. There was so much variety of different methods and information that was both practical and inspiring. I have learnt so much and also appreciated the class details/information sent on a weekly basis so I could read back and really absorb what we had learnt in the previous class. It was also great to share with others in a different ways online and on Zoom. I have had my eye on the meditation course for a while but haven’t been able to do it due to childcare. Ironically, lockdown has meant I can access more of your classes, both meditation and yoga! Thank you so much Heather for such a fantastic course and you and the other wonderful teachers have kept me sane through this challenging period.