AN INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION BASICS
Taking place in the Heather Yoga Online Yoga Shala – each week this course offers:
- 1 x 60 minute Beginners Mind live interactive themed sessions via Zoom with a mix of meditation techniques and learning about the practice and the weekly focus.
- 1 x 30 min group meditation class via Zoom from the regular timetable is included at Heather Yoga
- Exclusive access to guided audio meditation downloads to practice & support you between weekly sessions and anytime, anywhere.
- Access to recordings of the Beginners Mind sessions to return to as often as you’d like throughout the course and available to attendees for 6 months after completion.
- Email overview of the interactive sessions including some additional resources and suggested reading for further study.
- Invitation to join the course private facebook course community for the duration of the 6 weeks to connect with members on the program and support each other throughout this journey together.
During each 60 minutes interactive session we will cover:
- How to set up comfortably for meditation (sitting on the floor, using props, resting in a chair, laying down on the back).
- Why meditation is important and how to develop a consistent, sustainable and effective practice
- Learn & practice the basics of various meditation concepts & techniques.
- Meditation with clear and easy to understand guidance & instructions.
- Overcoming Difficulties + How & When To Practice.
- Group discussion, self reflection exercises & journaling prompts about the weekly meditation techniques & your experiences.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Received the gifts that a consistent meditation routine offers: including reduced stress, relieving anxiety, better focus, improved sleep, calmer clearer outlook on life
- Gained knowledge, understanding and experience of accessible effective basic meditations.
- Explored a variety of techniques and identified the types you like and resonate with to support you with maintaining a regular practice
- Laid a foundation to feel comfortable and confident to attend and sit for meditation in dedicated group sessions/ as part of yoga classes/ at home.
- Developed more awareness of yourself and feel better equipped to navigate daily life situations.
- Enjoyed a valuable inspiring learning experience for your self development, mental wellbeing and self care.
- Engaged & connected with other participants on the program to be stay motivated and feel supported within the program’s community.
Meditation is an innate part of the yoga practice and available & accessible to EVERYONE. You don’t have to be practicing yoga poses to reap the benefits of this profound and time-tested practice. If you are curious to start a meditation practice or develop a existing practice, whether you seek enhanced creativity, a respite from stress and anxiety, emotional and physical healing, or self awareness – this course will provide a brilliant starting point and opportunity under Heather’s caring guidance.
What are students are saying…
“Although I meditate alone I do really enjoy joining the group meditations. I find the online environment really effective. Heather holds the space and gives clear instruction and it feels good to be connected to others in the class.
I really recommend joining the beginners course. Meditation is not mysterious, you don’t have to go and sit in a cave for years. You can sit in your special place in your home and benefit from Heather’s experience and skill in this highly accessible course. I couldn’t recommend it more highly.”
Fiona O’Neill -15 April 2020