ELEVATE ON & OFF THE MAT:
YOGA & PHILOSOPHY MASTERCLASS SERIES
Course Dates & Times:
Thursday 6th July until Sunday 9th July PLUS Online Coaching Tuesday 10th July & Tuesday 18th July.
See all dates below
Special Offer & Early Bird price available – see below for details.
Feel empowered, strong and safe in your body & practice on the yoga mat this Year through an exciting collection of 8 masterclasses with Senior Teacher Heather.
- This series will inform you, motivate you, and educate you.
- Providing a valuable opportunity & space to refine, inspire & up-level your practice.
- Offering you a carefully designed sequence & package of sessions for a whole learning process & experience that will effectively refresh & enhance your approach on the Yoga mat moving forwards.
- Giving you the tools to start to take more responsibility for your own Yoga practice.
- Looking at some key techniques & important concepts from a whole spectrum of pose groups for safe effective alignment and to give you more clarity & understanding of what you’re doing and why.
- Exploring the foundations of historical Yoga Philosophy to give more depth & meaning to your practice and life.
- Learning how to craft your own home practice so you feel motivated & confident to get on the mat at any time in your day and guide yourself through effective and thoughtful self-led sequencing.
- Helping you to stay focussed, accountable, and on track for the duration of the series and beyond.
- Making a noticeable shift & impact in your practice, your body, your mental space, and your energy levels this Summertime.
- Connecting with your fellow yogis as you go through the same valuable journey together.
Breathe & Movement
Thursday 6th July 6 – 7:30pm
Learn how to breathe & flow more skilfully in Yoga – including Sun Salutations, moving between poses such as Downward Dog to Lunge/ Warrior type poses, and other main transitions between poses.
Forward Bends: Grounding & Quietening
Friday 7th July 6 – 7:30pm
Understand & refine key principles in a variety of standing, seated and reclined forward fold poses, including how to prepare your legs and hips, protecting your lower back, and obstacles to these poses.
Standing Poses: Steady, Strong & Balanced.
Saturday 8th July 9:30 –11am
Delve into a variety of key standing poses – refining your stride, understanding the different positions of the pelvis and how this the effects the alignment & experience of the spine & the rest of your body.
Living Your Yoga: Yoga Philosophy With The Foundations Of Yamas & Niyamas (The Ethics)
Saturday 8th July 11:15am –1:15pm (Part 1) & 2:15 – 4:15pm (Part 2)
Dip into the historical philosophy of Yoga with the first two limbs of yoga outlined in the Yoga Sutra’s known as the Yamas and Niyamas – a set of ethical guidelines & powerful tools to begin to empower you to live your yoga off the mat – creating harmonious relationships with yourself and the world.
Backbends: Finding Space & Evenness
Saturday 8th 4.30pm – 6pm
Learn the importance of the pelvis and distributing your backbend between your lower back, mid-back, and upper back in a selection of different styles of yoga backbends including some focus on Bridge & Wheel.
Twists: Rotate & Unwind.
Sunday 9th July 9:30 – 11am
Discover & understand the 2 sources of leverage that produce rotation, how to breath, preparing your body and knowing how to stay safe and comfortable.
Self Led: How to Create & Guide Your Own Yoga Practice
Sunday 9th July 11:15am – 1:15pm
Learn the tools in how you can craft & develop your very own practice that works for you & your body, your environment and schedule. See full details here.
Arm Balances: Stable & Clear.
Sunday 9th July 2.30pm – 4pm
Learn proper alignment and ways to employ your entire body for balancing on your hands, addressing the common fears & challenges and how to stay steady & navigate these. We’ll include work on Crow/Crane Pose.
PLUS Group coaching!
Monday 10th July 12:15 – 1:15pm & Tuesday 18th July 6 – 7pm (Online Only) In addition to being supported by Heather and connecting with the other members across the 2 weekends – you’ll receive 2 x Group Coaching sessions before we start and midway through – that will provide an invaluable opportunity to troubleshoot challenges & obstacles you’re facing, acknowledge & celebrate breakthrough, bring questions you have around the content & your practice, and learn from one another’s shared experiences.
Join Us For This Series If You:
- Feel stuck with how to move forwards and would like to learn key technique & alignment to progress your practice.
- You’re confused & struggling with how to breathe properly whilst moving and holding poses, and would like to learn correct & supportive breathing in Sun Salutations, Vinyasa, and poses like twists & backbends.
- There’s a frustration & challenge in Balancing poses and you want to feel more grounded, in control & steady whilst practicing these.
- Feel there’s been a decline or plateau in your practice, ability, strength & flexibility this Year and you’re keen to build it back up.
- Identifying an imbalance in key standing poses & unsure what to do with your body to correct this, and you’d like to understand how to take responsibility in your own self-adjustments for better alignment & evenness.
- Are interested to learn & engage with some of the historical yoga philosophy principles to take off the mat into your daily life for living your Yoga.
- Have fear & challenge when it comes to Arm balances and you’d like to know how to increase your strength in arms, shoulders & core whilst working in a skillful & sustainable way.
- Know your hips, hamstrings, shoulders are tight & restricted, and you’re wanting to create space, improve strength & increase flexibility for better mobility and comfort.
- Are experiencing fatigue and the motivation for getting on the mat is dwindling right now, and would like a boost in your energy and vitality.
Get ready to take a step up and grow a more impactful, balanced & sustainable practice this year!
- This series offers you a carefully crafted complete package of sessions that will not only give your practice a boost now but also make a significant difference in your approach on the Yoga mat moving forwards.
- Each session will be a mix of theory, pose breakdown, anatomy, and practice.
- The sequence of masterclasses has a specific order to help with your progress, growth, and overall experience – and will provide you with all the tools, knowledge, and understanding of your body & the practice to apply to and enhance this body of work.
- You will receive Heather’s support and guidance with key tips & takeaways.
- There will be opportunities in each masterclass to ask questions and receive feedback.
- At the end of this series, you’ll receive a certificate of completion to celebrate your commitment to show up and change, as well as your dedication to staying consistent and reaching the finish line!
- All sessions will be held in the STUDIO.
- You will receive access to all replays via an online portal for the duration of the masterclass series and one month after completing!