Improvers 6 Week Yoga Course: To Build On The Fundamentals
Held at our Yoga Centre in Saltaire, West Yorkshire, and online.
6 Week Programme
13th April – 18th May 2023 6:45- 7:45pm
Studio & Online
Our ‘Improvers Yoga Course’ is a detailed 6-week programme with Heather specially designed for anyone who would like to build on foundational yoga postures & breathing, increase your yoga repertoire by exploring & adding in new poses & variations, and learn the Vinyasa style of yoga and its transitions.
It is also a perfect ‘next step’ for you if you’ve taken a ‘Beginners Introduction To Yoga’ Course or something similar AND have been attending classes for at least a couple of months since completing.
This is also a great fit if you have been attending classes for at least 6 months but never taken a beginners yoga programme.
You will further develop & continue with what you have learned and have been practicing in classes. The weekly live sessions, discussion & coaching, access to replays and overviews give you an opportunity to learn from Heather and be supported within a course structure and set group of similar practitioners – to assist you before/ whilst attending weekly Vinyasa based yoga classes.
About The Teacher
Heather is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with over 4000 hours of training & teaching, and the Founder & Director of Heather Yoga – a Yoga school & wellness centre based in Saltaire, West Yorkshire. She is also a certified Transformational Life Coach and mentors other yoga teachers & business owners.
Heather has been teaching for nearly 12 Years in UK & India, including being an educator for trainee teachers, and now leads her own yoga teacher training and teacher mentorship programmes. Her ongoing 17-year practice of Yoga has become an integral part of her life, and she is dedicated to this path – enjoying the exploration of body & mind wellness and heart- centred living through the powerful practices on & off the Yoga mat, and sharing her wealth of knowledge & wisdom with others to support them on their journey.
- 6 x 60 minute specially curated Improvers Course live interactive sessions in the Studio or Via Zoom – with a mix of asana techniques & teachings about the practice based on the weekly focal points.
- Access to recordings of all the sessions for the duration of the programme and one month after completion – giving you flexibility to rewatch and consolidate your learning.
- Weekly overview including some additional resources and suggested reading for further study – to support you between weekly sessions.
- 10% discount off your next 5 or 10 class pass on completion of the course.
- Guidance of where to take your practice and the ’next steps’ after you finish the course.
During each weekly session we will:
- Introduce different groups of poses and explore some new poses within them to build your practice repertoire.
- Focus on alignment, key actions & techniques within the featured poses.
- Practice certain modifications so you understand how to tailor the practice to support your body and its needs.
- Emphasise Vinyasa style transitions with different variations to develop your practice within Vinyasa, Ashtanga style Yoga.
- Progress basic postures featured in the Beginners Introduction To Yoga Course.
- Include sun salutations variations, hip openers, backbends, standing balances and arm balancing postures.
- Look at correct breathing in the poses and the transitions between poses.
- Include group discussion and coaching from Heather – to address any questions, and troubleshoot challenges and struggles.
Who is This course For:
- The course is a gradual progression and is perfect for those who have been practicing yoga for at least 6 months.
- Have completed a beginners course AND have attended at least 2 months of classes since completing.
- Anyone who would like to spend more time looking at poses and go deeper into the Vinyasa asana practice within a set group learning environment.
By The End Of This Course You Will Have:
- Improved the understanding of your yoga practice by focusing on healthy alignment and establishing a deeper awareness of your breathing,
- Increased your knowledge and experience of different yoga techniques, and deepening awareness of your body so you can become more confident in how you are working in the regular classes.
- Progressed & developed your practice to your next level!
- Dedicate yourself to a 6 week Yoga immersion – showing up for yourself regularly with focus, concentration & presence.
- Developed on the key fundamentals which are essential for every practitioner to work skilly and safely.
- Created a solid & safe foundation so you feel confident, comfortable and inspired to attend any of the regular Vinyasa & Ashtanga Open Level classes & themed workshops.
- Been part of a set group for the full 6 weeks and met new people & friends in this friendly vibrant yoga community.
- Received Heathers years of experience as a teacher and coach to grow your practice and yourself on the yoga mat.
- Worked on increasing tone, strength & flexibility in your body, building your stamina & resilience, and helping your mental focus, concentration and ability to become calmer amongst challenges of busy daily lives.
The Cost & Booking Info
£70 Early Bird until Monday 13th March. Use Promo Code: EB-IMPROVERS for discount.
If you have any form of injury or serious illness, or if you are pregnant or have recently had a baby please do inform us before booking.