INTRODUCTION TO YOGA COURSE
Online Beginners Course Dates & Times:
6 Week Course
Thurs 3rd June – Thurs 8th July 2021
7pm – 8pm
We are running a very special in-person only 6 week Beginners course…
Taking place in the Heather Yoga Shala, Saltaire – this set program course offers:
- A comprehensive 6 week program to explore & learn the essential & fundamental aspects of yoga.
- Specially designed by Heather for those new to yoga and for anyone who is curious about the foundations of the yoga practice, wishing to learn within a group environment.
- Learning the foundations of the practice within an interactive group learning environment
- 6x60min weekly sessions with an interactive Q & A
- Weekly course session overviews via email to all attendees.
- Replays made available from the live sessions to practice during the programme.
- Guidance of where to take your practice and the ’next steps’ after you finish the course.
- Exclusive discounted class card on completion.
- A bonus complementary class valid for any class on the timetable to help you experience what a public class is like.
Each 60 minutes interactive session you will find:
- A gradual progression, building on the previous week and repeating throughout.
- Taught in a very supportive, fun, and engaging way under the caring guidance of the course teacher
- Introduces basic common postures and pose groups that show up in Yoga classes to build your practice from
- Includes learning the classical sun salutations and variations in detail,
- Provides the essential anatomical alignment of the key yoga postures (asanas) – Standing Poses, Seated Poses, Twists, Hip Openers, Backbends, Standing Balance postures.
- Offers common breathing practises (pranayama) used in regular classes.
- Presents a brief introduction to the philosophy of the yoga lineage.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Created a firm foundation for you to build up a regular sustainable, safe & enjoyable yoga practice.
- Been provided with the essential knowledge & understanding so you have the experience, clarity & confidence to join the weekly drop in classes.
- Feel ready, motivated and inspired to explore different styles & teachers at regular classes & workshops
In this course you will:
- Develop focus & concentration
- Increase Strength & flexibility
- Better postural awareness
- Improve the quality of breathing
- Support your physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Cultivate an ability to become calmer and quieten a busy mind
- Feel more equipped to cope with the challenges of our daily lives.
This course is for you if you’re:
- New to yoga – designed as a perfect starting point
- Curious about starting the practice during lockdown to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- Looking to refresh a previous yoga practice to get you back in your flow.
- Revisit the basics to gain more understanding.
- Interested to learn something new for yourself in this time of change
Course Teacher: Lorna Fraser
The course takes place once a week for a 60 minute session. No drop in available.
If have any form of injury or serious illness, or if you are pregnant or have recently had a baby please do inform us before booking.
Please note that due to our new health and safety measures during COVID-19 we are unable to lend out centre mats. Therefore students will need to bring their own mat with them when they practice from the space
£65 (£35 of is which is a non refundable deposit to secure your place)