BEGINNERS INTRODUCTION TO YOGA COURSE
Held at our Yoga Centre in Saltaire, West Yorkshire, and online.
6 Week Programme
Wed 8th Sept – Wed 13th Oct 2021 | 7pm – 8pm
A comprehensive 6-week programme to explore & learn the essential fundamental aspects of Yoga. Specially designed for those new to Yoga & anyone who is curious about the foundations of the Yoga practice wishing to learn within a group environment.
Taught in a supportive, fun and engaging way under the caring guidance of your course teacher – you will gain all the basics you need to feel safe & confident in your body and on the Yoga mat!
You will be introduced to sun salutations, breathing practices (pranayama) and common postures (Asana) that show up in regular Yoga classes – including the essential anatomical alignment of Standing & Seated Poses, Twists, Balancing, Backbends and Hip Openers. Plus you’ll receive a brief introduction to the philosophy of the yoga lineage.
By the end of the course you will have created a firm foundation for you to build up a regular sustainable, safe & enjoyable yoga practice, with techniques and tools for increased strength & flexibility, better postural awareness and an ability to become calmer & quieten a mind. it will also support your physical, emotional & mental wellbeing making you more equipped to cope with the challenges of our daily lives and support you with better sleep. You’ll have the essential understanding, clarity & confidence to join weekly drop-in classes, and feel ready, motivated, and inspired to explore different styles of Yoga & teachers.
About The Teacher
Heather Gregg – Founder & Director at Heather Yoga. Senior Yoga Teacher.
Heather is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with over 4000 hours of training & teaching, and the Founder & Director of Heather Yoga – a Yoga school & wellness centre based in Saltaire, West Yorkshire. She is also a certified Transformational Life Coach.
Heather has been teaching for nearly 11 Years in UK & India, including being an educator for trainee teachers, and now leads her own yoga teacher training and teacher mentorship programmes. Her ongoing 17-year practice of Yoga has become an integral part of her life, and she is dedicated to this path – enjoying the exploration of body & mind wellness and heart-centered living through the powerful practices on & off the Yoga mat, and sharing her wealth of knowledge & wisdom with others to support them on their journey. Read more about Heather here.
- 6 x 60 minute weekly sessions with an interactive Q & A.
- Bonus group coaching session (Saturday 16th October 12:15 – 12:45pm via Zoom) – This is an opportunity to get back together with Heather after Session Six for a 30 minute session to ask questions and receive any further support.
- Complimentary drop-in class to use on any of our timetable sessions.
- Exclusive discounted class card on completion.
- Access to recordings of all the sessions via the online course portal for you to rewatch and consolidate your learning for the duration of the programme and one month after completion.
- Weekly overviews sent via email.
- Guidance of where to take your practice and the ’next steps’ after you finish the course.
- The opportunity to learn from senior teacher and business founder Heather Gregg.
The Cost & Booking Info
£70 (£35 of is which is a non refundable deposit to secure your place)
If you have any form of injury or serious illness, or if you are pregnant or have recently had a baby please do inform us before booking.
Please note that due to our new health and safety measures during COVID-19 we are unable to lend out centre mats. Therefore students will need to bring their own mat with them when they practice in the shala.