KEEPING YOU SAFE
Our Current Health and Safety Measures: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I borrow yoga equipment?
If possible, we encourage you to bring your own mat and props. We do have mats, bricks and blocks at the yoga centre to loan out free of charge to students. Please use the studio’s equipment at your own discretion, and make sure to wipe down with the cleaning sprays we provide before and after practice.
In regards to bolsters, please bring a pillow case to cover the bolster if you’d like to use one at the studio. Blankets are not available at present but you are welcome to bring your own.
For classes at the studio space, please make sure you bring anything with you to feel comfortable and supported during your practice.
We also sell a variety of Yoga props at a very affordable price, including mats, bricks, and our own limited edition homemade bolsters. All props are available to pre order via email.
It’s important we remain mindful of COVID-19 to make you, our fellow yogis and community, and our teachers feel comfortable and safe. We will continue to look at implementing further changes to the use of our equipment.
If I practice at the space will I be filmed or on camera?
No, we have been very carefully planning our hybrid model so that the camera is only angled at the teachers mat. The online practitioners will only be able to see themselves and other online users – they will not be able to see the attendees in the shala. Those in person at the shala will also not be able to see the online users.
Is the booking system different?
Yes slightly. Please make sure you always select the correct option for you which will either be ‘online’ (with a camera icon) or ‘studio’. If you’d like to attend classes at the physical space you will need to pre-book in advance as no drop-in service is currently available. We have still limited our usual capacity for classes so it can still be likely that spaces are filled fairly quickly. Therefore, please give yourself plenty of time to book. If you need to cancel always provide 24-hours’ notice so that your space can be offered to another student. Please also note that we have updated our waiver form. You can view this on the website here. Upon booking any of our services you indicate acceptance of this waiver.
Will the prices be the same?
We really value all our services at Heather Yoga (online or in studio) which now give you the options & choice to how you practice with us, and our costs for both are priced the same.
What do I do if I need to cancel my in-person class?
To make sure we are giving everyone as many opportunities to practice in person with us as possible, it is very important that you give us 24 hours’ notice should you need to cancel your class. You can do this by via email or phone. We will also be operating a waiting list to help facilitate the demand of places.
What do I do when I get into the shala?
Our capacity is still reduced so there is plenty of space for students to practice and feel like they have enough room. Please set your mat out and start by filling up the front row. The atmosphere of class has a lovely energy if everyone is spread out evenly! We have shelving by the double doors for you to store your belongings but please wear socks when you are not on your mat. Once practice is finished, the teacher and karmi have some cleaning to complete, please leave the studio and if you’d like to speak to your teacher they will be able to join you in the cafe as soon as they can.
Can I order from the Dandelion Cafe?
Yes absolutely. Dandelion offer a both ‘sit-in’ and ‘takeaway’ service. They are open:
Mon: 9:30am – 3pm
Tues & Weds: CLOSED
Thursday & Friday 9:30 – 3pm / 5pm – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:30 – 3pm
Orders and bookings can be made on 07763571283 or you can order from the friendly cafe team before you head into class and it will be ready for you at the end of your practice!
Feedback On Coming Back To The Shala
- “It has been wonderful to be able to continue my practice in the Shala. It is great to be able to compliment the online Zoom classes with being in the same physical space as your Yoga teachers. The new procedures that you and your team have put in place ensure that the Shala feels both welcoming and safe.” – Dave
- “It has been great to be back in the shala. Everyone was so welcoming, and it’s really well organised. I’m continuing with a few on-line classes but it is so much better to get to the studio for a real live class.” – Kathryn
- “Everything was extremely well organised and everyone knew what was expected of them. Consequently I felt safe, comfortable and able to relax into a rewarding session. Great to be back!” – Kevin
- “Although ‘zooming’ from home definitely has its perks it’s really great that the studio is open again and I’d definitely encourage others to start building in a studio class into their week.” – Sally
- “It was such a lovely class, and so good to be back in the studio. There’s clearly been a lot of work involved so thank you so much” – Katie
- “Fantastic class today Heather. Thank you so much. It felt really good to be back in the space of the Shala & really safe. The practice was inspiring & uplifting” – Liz