KEEPING YOU SAFE
From Thursday 5th November as the doors to our yoga centre temporarily close for a month, all of our online offerings will continue – multiple daily yoga classes, themed workshops, courses, and special events – beamed from our brilliant teachers homes direct into yours, and we will keep holding the space for our amazing community in the virtual sphere with much needed connection and supporting of each other.
We are a small business whose (soul) purpose is to serve others, and which relies on people coming together for sharing & benefitting from this amazing practice of Yoga for physical, mental, emotional wellbeing & health. And so we ask you to please stay with us, keep up your routine & commitment to get on the mat, dedicate yourself to feeling good, to self regulate, for self care, and to release the pressure valve of tension. Its so needed at this time. And we want you to know we are here for you. Read the full post on this temporary closure here.
Please sign up here to receive the announcement & news here.
Feedback On Coming Back To The Shala 🙏🏻
- “It has been wonderful to be able to continue my practice in the Shala. It is great to be able to compliment the online Zoom classes with being in the same physical space as your Yoga teachers. The new procedures that you and your team have put in place ensure that the Shala feels both welcoming and safe.” – Dave
- “It has been great to be back in the shala. Everyone was so welcoming, and it’s really well organised. I’m continuing with a few on-line classes but it is so much better to get to the studio for a real live class.” – Kathryn
- “Everything was extremely well organised and everyone knew what was expected of them. Consequently I felt safe, comfortable and able to relax into a rewarding session. Great to be back!” – Kevin
- “I really enjoyed my first studio yoga visit on Thursday post lockdown with Lorna Fraser. I hadn’t been in her class before but really enjoyed it and felt safe and comfortable with your safety measures in place.” – Amanda
- “A big well done to everyone that has put in the effort to allow a return to the studio. It feels well organised and a safe space. It was sooo good to be back.” – David
- “Although ‘zooming’ from home definitely has its perks it’s really great that the studio is open again and I’d definitely encourage others to start building in a studio class into their week.” – Sally
- “It was such a lovely class, and so good to be back in the studio. There’s clearly been a lot of work involved so thank you so much” – Katie
- “Fantastic class today Heather. Thank you so much. It felt really good to be back in the space of the Shala & really safe. The practice was inspiring & uplifting 🙏🏻” – Liz
- “I thoroughly enjoyed being back in the studio. It was well organised, safe and spacious. Thank you so much for all the hard work you’re putting in to ensure we’re all safe”. – Michelle
- “I was a little nervous about coming back to practice but it felt very safe and well organised, it was brilliant to be back in the physical space. However, I underestimated how emotional it was going to make me feel just been back there seeing my fellow yogis all moving and breathing together. It was actually exactly what I needed after been away for so, so long!” – Andrea
Health & Safety Map
Reopening Questions and Answers
Can I borrow yoga equipment?
We are unable to lend out any props at this point in time – this includes mats, straps, bricks, blankets. We do have everything to sell at a very affordable price, and including limited edition homemade bolsters. All props are available to preorder via email. For classes at the physical space please make sure you bring anything with you to feel comfortable and supported during your practice. You must also make sure to clean your equipment in-between each visit. Please see our website for tips on how to look after your yoga props.
If I practice at the space will I be filmed or on camera?
No, we have been very carefully planning our hybrid model so that the camera is only angled at the teachers mat. The online practitioners will only be able to see themselves and other online users – they will not be able to see the attendees in the shala. Those in person at the shala will also not be able to see the online users.
Is the booking system different?
Yes slightly. Please make sure you always select the correct option for you which will either be ‘livestream’ or ‘in-person’. If you’d like to attend classes at the physical space you will need to pre-book in advance as no drop-in service will be available. Due to social distancing rules our capacity has been lowered in the main yoga shala and its likely that spaces will be filled fairly quickly. Therefore, please make sure you are organised and give yourself plenty of time to book your class. We will open bookings one week before the class and aim to keep things as fair as possible. If you need to cancel please always give us 24-hours’ notice so that your space can be offered to another student. Please also note that we have updated our waiver form. You can view this on the website here. Upon booking any of our services you indicate acceptance of this waiver.
Will the prices be the same?
We really value all our services at Heather Yoga (livestream and in-person) which now give you the options & choice to how you practice with us, and our prices for Autumn for livestream and in-person will remain the same. We are also pleased to announce that we are going to be hosting some very special and intimate ‘in-person’ only events including Gong Baths and music based vinyasa flow workshops which work the best in our physical space only. For these more premium sessions where capacity remains low and the experience is incredibly unique, we’ll be introducing a different price to reflect the nature of the event.
What do I do if I need to cancel my in-person class?
To make sure we are giving everyone as many opportunities to practice in person with us as possible, it is very important that you give us 24 hours’ notice should you need to cancel your class. You can do this by via email or phone. We will also be operating a waiting list to help facilitate the demand of places.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive 10 mins before the start of your class and wait outside in the marked queue as congregating in shared areas within the space is not available. With this in mind please be prepared for wet weather. Your teacher will come and meet you outside to direct you through the one-way flow route.
What is the one-way flow route?
There will be clear one-way system routes marked throughout the space and a number of hand sanitation stations along the way. Your teacher will guide you to the shala. You must wear a face mask when entering the building and keep it on until you are on your yoga mat. The route to the main shala will take you through the back corridor where you will remove shoes and keep your socks on until you arrive on your mat.
What do I do when I get into the shala?
You must continue to follow social distancing as you store your belongings from the shelving. Allocated spaces will be marked on the floor where you can place your mat – with tape to show you exactly where to align the corners of your yoga mat. Please fill up the yoga mat spaces from the back. See map below. Once on your yoga mat you may take off your mask and socks. We don’t expect you to wear a face mask during your practice but this is entirely up to if you choose to do so. You may want to consider bringing a clean plastic bag with you to store your mask in. Once practice is finished, you will leave through the same route you came in by, and there will be plenty of time in-between classes to give us space to leave and maintaining the one-way flow.
Will the toilets be open?
Yes, but at this time we can only make one unisex accessible toilet available to the public. The ladies toilet does offer enough space for social distancing and will be closed at this time. We will be reviewing this restrictions and will expand the use of our facilities when we can. To avoid any congestion with other yoga students & cafe customers, please look out for the give way signs. It is also worth noting that our toilets can no longer be used as changing rooms. Therefore, please arrive for class dressed ready to practice.
Can I order from the Dandelion Cafe?
Yes absolutely. Dandelion will be announcing their opening dates very soon. At present they run a takeaway service – opening times are Wednesday 5-8pm Thursday-Saturday 12pm-2.30pm/5-8pm and Sunday 12-3pm subject to change. If you’d like to order when you come to class, please do this via phone before arriving and inform the cafe team about which class you are attending. Cafe staff will then have your takeout ready for you to pick up from the takeout desk as you leave your class.You will still be required to use the one-way flow out of the shala via the back corridor to get to the cafe area rather than taking the direct route via the double doors & toilets. Please know that we now have outdoor seating alongside the building which you are welcome to use.
What can I do to support the health and safety of myself and the rest of the Heather Yoga community during this time?
The strength of our community has been so inspiring during this turbulent period and we are confident that we shall continue together to navigate through the current uncertain times. To make sure everyone supports the health of our Heather Yoga family please follow these very simple and important guidelines…
1. Take care of yourself and others by washing your hands and your yoga equipment before you come to class
2. Respect our social distancing and safety measures whilst you are at the space
3. Do not attend any class you have booked if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID or have knowingly been in contact with anyone who is symptomatic
How do I contact you if I have any concerns or develop symptoms after attending a class?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07960 330183