Practices Of Rest: Restorative Yoga Training With Sarah Williams & Adam Hocke
Practices of Rest is a 40-hour Yoga Alliance accredited course offering a comprehensive approach to dynamic practices of rest and restorative yoga complemented by somatic inquiry and self-massage. Rooted in yoga and backed by science, this explorative training will put your own embodied experience at the heart of your learning and provide you and your students with powerful tools for self-inquiry and understanding. This two-day weekend immersion at Heather Yoga is an introduction to the ‘Practices of Rest’ training which is taught through four interactive and experiential modules including a combination of theory, practice and self-led study this course will provide you with the confidence to teach and practice.
WHY IS THIS TRAINING DIFFERENT?
Adam and Sarah share a deep interest in the overlap of science and the traditions of yoga and enjoy sharing their unique perspective on practices of rest. Informed by a wide range of movement methods this training combines traditional restorative practices with somatic inquiry, self massage and contemporary movement modalities to create a holistic and transformative journey to deep rest.
- 12 hour in-person immersion at Heather Yoga open to all
- Additional registration to online content provides you with the learning and methodology to teach. The content is available for 6 months which includes a livestream Q&A session.
£200 IN PERSON ONLY AT HEATHER YOGA (12 HOURS)
£550 IN PERSON & ONLINE (40 HOURS)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR AND PREREQUISITES
- Yoga teachers and trainees of all styles, backgrounds and experience.
- Keen students who want to explore and bring further understanding to their own practice.
- Massage therapists, therapists, bodyworkers and movement professionals looking to bring tools to their existing profession.
- Feel stuck with how to move forwards and would like to learn key technique & alignment to progress your practice.
- Completion of full course (It is expected that students attend in-person and live calls but recordings will be available)
- Submission of restorative sequence
- End of course quiz
Adam Hocke and Sarah Williams share a deep interest in the overlap of science and the traditions of yoga and enjoy sharing their unique perspective on practices of rest. They are both senior teachers who have collaborated on training and workshops since 2016.
Adam Hocke teaches precise, strong, and compassionate yoga classes that blend contemporary understandings of movement and mindfulness with the traditions of yoga. Adam’s practical and joyful approach to embodiment supports the development of students and teachers across the world. He leads in-person and online teacher trainings, workshops, and immersions and offers comprehensive home practice resources through his Yoga with Adam podcast and streaming classes for Movement for Modern Life. Adam’s teaching has been featured in The Guardian, Huffington Post, Yogaland and numerous publications and podcasts. He has trained with his teacher Jason Crandell since 2010. More at adamhocke.com
Sarah is a senior teacher for Yoga Alliance Professionals and is an E-RYT 500hr Continuing Education provider for Yoga Alliance. She brings together traditional teachings in a modern context. Her classes provide a platform for students to get to know themselves rather than perform. Sarah is inspired by teaching beginners and supporting the next generation of yoga teachers. She teaches classes, workshops and teacher trainings throughout the UK. Sarah’s teaching has been featured in publications including The Guardian as well as being a feature writer for Om Yoga and Lifestyle Magazine. Sarah regularly assists her primary teacher, Jason Crandell during his advanced teacher trainings and she is a proud ambassador for the charity Yoga Gives Back.