Yoga Business & Centre Coordinator/s
We have an opportunity for one or two people to join the Heather Yoga team!
Contract: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract with the opportunity to extend into a permanent position.
Hours: 5 days/ 24 hours per week or 2.5 days /12 hours per week (depends on the suitable candidate/s and possible job share).
Monday – Friday (Because of the nature of our business – you will be required to occasionally work on the weekend – with prior notice).
Application Closing Date: Friday 20th May.
Interview Dates: Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June.
Start Date: Monday 20th June.
ABOUT HEATHER YOGA
Sharing The Practice Of Yoga.
Heather Yoga is a well established & dedicated yoga school and wellness centre based in Saltaire/ Shipley, West Yorkshire offering a variety of in person and online classes, courses, workshops, yoga teacher training & education with in house, national and international teachers to our community in the local area, Yorkshire and online.
You’ll be part of a small team and be involved in and responsible for various business operations – including project management, marketing, event organisation, and customer service & relations for the business across our studio and online services of daily classes, regular workshops, courses, teacher training, plus outdoor yoga events.
This is a great opportunity to work behind the scenes of a successful and supportive yoga studio business and community.
You’ll work with colleagues who are passionate about what we do, committed to helping Heather Yoga thrive and upholding our values of inclusivity, integrity and authenticity, whilst promoting health and wellness to our customers.
The correct candidate/s will be multitalented, able to work independently, proactive and can think on the spot for problem solving, and has the ability to adapt to an ever changing landscape. They will be confident and skilled at handling multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines, communicate exceptionally, work across a wide range of administration tasks, give the best customer service, understands how to market & sell to a local and online audience, and has an eye for detail and design – whilst holding a passion for health & wellbeing and excited about what they do.
Below are the skills we are looking for with our ideal candidate/s.
With applying – please specify in the application form which of these areas you have experience in, and share examples for each. We will also be offering training on areas specific to meet the requirements of the role and our business needs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to write content in the tone and voice of the business, respond to customer enquiries in written and verbal form, can speak warmly, knowledgeably & professionally about Yoga and the business, representing our values and community at all times.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Knowledge and experience in social media and marketing is desirable.
- Management, operations or supervisor experience is desirable.
- Some knowledge of project management online software is desirable.
- Meticulous attention to detail is essential, and a good eye for design formatting is necessary.
- IT skills including spreadsheets, email providers, and ideally some previous experience of studio booking systems.
- Experience of working in a team organisation and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and a passion for helping others.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise & handle multiple projects, deadlines and high workloads, and to adapt on the spot when needed.
- An existing yoga practice is desirable or a willingness to learn about the different styles of yoga and the breadth of the practice
WHAT YOU WILL GET AND THE BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
- The chance to work in a highly varied role for a dynamic and supportive yoga community
- Opportunities to develop your skills and experience in operations, project management, marketing and customer service
- You’ll have access to yoga classes and some workshops and trainings
- You’ll be offered an annual one-to-one review with Heather who is a qualified transformational coach
- You are always invited to take an extra day of holiday for your birthday!
- The option for flexible working if suited to the position. Please let us know about your circumstances and we will see if we can accommodate your requests
PLACE OF WORK
At our Yoga Centre – Holding Space Shipley/Saltaire plus some online hours from home.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this post please send a letter of application and your CV to email@example.com. We would also like you to complete the questions on this Google form before the closing date of Friday 20th May.
If you would like a copy of any of these recruitment documents in another format, such as a printed out paper copy, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates invited to interview will be informed, due to the high volume of applications submitted. We may only be able to give feedback to those who are unsuccessful at the interview stage.
Heather Yoga strongly believes in equity and we celebrate diversity. We are inclusive and welcome everyone into our community. We are a Disability Confident employer and offer a guaranteed interview to candidates with a disability who meet the person specification. If you would like to request a guaranteed interview because of a disability, please outline this within your letter of application.